M8M Family of Crumbler® Machines
Our Micro-Scale Rotary Shear
Our M8M family of machines are ideally suited for research and lab use. They have a small footprint but are strong enough to handle a wide range of materials including wood chips, corn stover, switchgrass, bamboo, sage, hemp, agave, and more. The machine is capable of processing up to 1/2 wet tons (1/4 dry tons) per hour* of your raw feedstocks into precision particles.
- Processes both high and low moisture feedstocks (no pre-drying required)
- Produces highly uniform particles to increase conversion efficiencies
- Low energy consumption
- Choose from 1.5hp, 3hp, or 5hp
- PLC controls available
- Modular for easy system integration (e.g., single unit, stacked, sequential)
- Smooth, quiet operation
- 8″ wide infeed capacity
- Small footprint – only 3.4′ X 2.7′
- Standard power – 460VAC 3ph (220VAC 1ph and 110VAC 1ph available)
- Multiple cutter-width processing heads available to tailor feedstocks for your process (standard widths are 1/4″, 3/16″, 1/8″, 1/16″, and 3/64″)
- Processing head sold separately
* Throughput estimates based on ideal feedstocks and a skilled crew. Stated throughput is for green wood chips into 1/4″ feedstock particles. Throughput is inversely proportional to comminution ratio and final particle size. Other configurations and versions with alternate capacities are available. Dust control may be needed depending on moisture content and processing conditions.
Two M8M Crumbler® modules can be stacked in a tower configuration to your specifications.
Please contact our engineering team for assistance.
Related Items to Consider
Email us to obtain a quote, discuss your project, or schedule a demonstration at our Auburn facility.