Crumbler® Rotary Shear
Save Costs and Improve Feedstock Quality
Size reduction is a key processing step for feedstocks. Traditional methods include hammermills, grinders, and chippers. However, these methods typically are either limited to producing ½” and larger particles or require pre-drying of biomass at a substantial energy cost. Additionally, these methods may produce large amounts of fines with wide particle distributions and poor flowability.
Forest Concepts developed the Crumbler® rotary shear to address these common problems and produce a superior result.
- Processes any moisture content – no pre-drying necessary
- Scalable for both small & industrial-scale operations
- Tested on many materials – wood, recyclables, corn stover, hemp & more (see the complete list)
- Results in evenly shaped highly-flowable particles with less fines
- Efficiently produces particles as small as 1mm
- Quiet performance – our in-house experience demonstrates that Crumbler® operates at 85 db versus traditional hammermill at 110-120 db
- Low carbon footprint (learn more)
- 100% manufactured in the USA
Related Items to Consider
Read more about our Crumbler® technology:
Abstract We have an objective to convert cellulosic biomass raw materials into small particles that are optimized for biochemical and/or thermochemical conversion to liquid transportation fuels. As a side effort, we are interested in producing feedstocks for composite bioproducts, solid