Statement for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Forest Concepts is committed to nurturing an environment where individual differences are valued and respected and all employees can engage in the mainstream of business activity. Forest Concepts promotes a culture of diversity for the advancement of our employees, the business, and the community.
Forest Concepts believes that:
- Its core values are strengthened when all members have voice and are encouraged to contribute.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations.
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Providing effective leadership in the development, coordination, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive array of programs and services to promote diversity and understanding of differences.
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Identifying competencies that are essential to creating environments enriched with diverse views and people.
- Honoring freedom of expression, ideals of citizenry, and civility of discourse as fundamental to personal, professional, and organizational growth.
- Addressing issues related, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, national origin, veteran status, social economic class, religion, and professional status.